The Highest Grade of Stainless Steel Available
Fruit and vegetable knives are an important part of TGW culture, dating back more than 100 years to 1908. We specialize in slicing, dicing, slitting, cup peeling, coring, and laser welded segment cutting, as well as cut-off knives and custom blades.
Our food processing knives and blades are for all food processing applications imaginable, including but not limited to slicing, cross cutting, interlock die cutting, guillotine cutting, and straight, circular, cupped, and laser welded shape cutters in toothed, serrated, scalloped, or perforated shapes. We specialize in manufacturing any type and shape of custom food processing knife. If you have unique specifications, contact us for a quick quote.
Using the proper materials, heat treatment, and surface conditioning on knives is important to prevent edge chipping and corrosion.
TGW can provide an accurate quote using an OEM model and part number, or prints and/or samples. We have an in-house materials lab to quickly check and identify the blade material, allowing us to provide accurate pricing and product recommendations.
Just a Few of Our Fruit Solutions
- Core cutters (apple, pineapple, etc.)
- Pit removal (apricot, cherry, peach, etc.)
- Slicers (apple, pear, strawberry, etc.)
- De-stemmers (cherry, plum, etc.)
- Cutters and saws (melon, coconut, etc.)
- Peelers and scoopers (mango, orange, melon, etc.)
- Segment cutters, slicers, or dicers (apple, banana, etc.)
Processing a Variety of Vegetables
- Stem (asparagus, celery, rhubarb, etc.)
- Leafy (cabbage, lettuce, spinach, etc.)
- Flowering (artichoke, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)
- Stalk/Bulb (garlic, onion, etc.)
- Seed (beans, peanuts, peas, etc.)
- Root (beet, carrot, radish, etc.)
- Tuber (potato, yam, etc.)
- Fruit (avocado, eggplant, tomato, etc.)
Most stainless steel used for cutting fruits and vegetable are:
- Austenitic Stainless Steel: Non-magnetic with a higher corrosion resistance, but softer in hardness.
- Martensitic Stainless Steel: Like 410, 420 and 440 stainless can be heat treated to a higher hardness for longer wear resistance. They are not as corrosion resistant but this can be offset with surface conditioning.
- Ferritic Stainless Steel: Offered by special request only. This grade cannot be hardened or strengthened with heat treatment. There are other specialty stainless steel grades that we can use to improve wear and/or corrosion resistance.
contact our sales team today!
Request a Free Quote Today!
We stock a wide variety of industrial machine knives for packaging, processing, and converting operations. We offer competitive lead times and pricing!
Testimonials from Our Customers
I recommend TGW because they are knowledgeable and they take care of problems quickly.
Robert – Food Processing
TGW is fast, efficient, easy to work with. They have a fast response time, and their prices are good. TGW is good at cross referencing other manufacturer’s knives with their knives too.
Cindy - OEM
They service the equipment, they have the knives he needs, they are good quality, and the prices are good. If the parts are in stock, then the lead time is very short.
Chris – Printing
TGW is fast, the quote turn around time is quick. When I call on the phone and ask questions, the customer service representatives are knowledgeable and fast to get answers back.
Nancy – Food Processing
My representative always answers right away with emails and if he doesn’t know something, he always gets someone involved right away and gets the answers. He is always accurate with delivery dates.
Joe – Packaging
I recommend TGW all the time! In fact, I recommended them to twelve other plants, many of whom became customers. If I had to give them a score from 1 to 10, 10 being the best, I would give TGW a ten based on quality, pricing and fairly quick delivery.
Richard – Converting
They had what we needed and we could get it in plenty of time. It was in stock and that is most important.
Ralph – Food Processing
TGW is very informative. The quote was fast and the pricing was good.
Greg – Packaging
TGW’s blades cut better and are welded together better than other suppliers.
Scott – Food Processing
I like customer service and how they handle everything. They do a great job.
Joe – Food Processing
I’ve never had any problems with any of the orders and I’ve been working with TGW for 18 years.
Kathy – Packaging
TGW has knowledge of all our knives and they will come and talk to me in person for exact measurements and knife application.